Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uppa baby vista with the rumble seat anyone?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have an uppa baby vista for my 13 month old which I love. I am due a new baby at the end of dec and wondering about getting the rumble seat for the uppababy . The baby would go in the car seat and my daughter in the rumble seat. Anyone tried this? I would use it allot because I intend to walk allot once baby is born. The main draw is the cost- the rumble seat is 150 whereas a double buggy will cost a hell of a lot more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I plan to do the same, although when were planning LO will be over 2, I do plan on getting the newborn insert so that new baby isn't in the car seat all the time. I'm raging they've changed the frame so the new one can be used with the bassinet and chair and that the rumble seat can race out!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Is that an insert you put in the stroller part of the vista? I'm raging too. I was tempted to sell the one we have and buy the new version but it is around 1200 :rolleyes:

Yep the stroller part, Tony Kealys do it.

I was hoping you could use the bassinet, stroller and adapters with the new frame and id of bought just a new frame, but they've changed all that too! If only I'd wanted a few months to get pregnant I could of got the new one!!

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Yep the stroller part, Tony Kealys do it.

I was hoping you could use the bassinet, stroller and adapters with the new frame and id of bought just a new frame, but they've changed all that too! If only I'd wanted a few months to get pregnant I could of got the new one!!

Yes id the exact same idea here. Such a money racket. So can you use the rumble seat and then the stroller part together? The rumble seat is 150e in tralee nursery store btw. Havent checked tony kealys yet but tralee nursery stores are usualky good on price and can be good if u want to negociate a price match

The stroller has to face away from the parent to use it with the rumble seat, not ideal when baba is small but great later and the 2 can entertain each other! Will see how it all goes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shaz82

Hi girls, I'm expecting baby no.2 in Nov and am trying to get rumble seat as also have a 1 year old but it's proving difficult. Do you mind me asking where are ye buying yers?

Planning on getting it from Tony Kealeys, I asked about it when we were ordering his new car seat, and they told me it should be available for another 3 years, so 2017

Thanks.I checked them online and says out of stock but ill try ring them during week.we got ours in Bella baby last year.all places I've looked online say out of stock.

shaz82 wrote: »
    Thanks.I checked them online and says out of stock but ill try ring them during week.we got ours in Bella baby last year.all places I've looked online say out of stock.

I don't think they keep them in stock since the new model, but they be ordered. I'm sure bella baby told me this too!

Was in to them and seems to get a problem with manufacturer.wad told to go on amazon to look for one!!!

• Advertisement

shaz82 wrote: »
    Was in to them and seems to get a problem with manufacturer.wad told to go on amazon to look for one!!!

Oh really? Were you on to Tony Kealey? That's not good news

Ive ordered mine from bella baby. I also tried tralee nursery stores and u could order it from there. Havent recieved it yet mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh this is annoying. I am at the very early days of pregnancy no. 2 and was idly looking around at buggies this morning (no intentions to actually do anything about it anytime soon, mind you). No. 1 will be about 21 months when no. 2 is due (fingers crossed). We have the 2013 Uppababy, bought with 2 babies in mind. Looking around the net, including the places mentioned in this thread, I can't find the rumble seat in stock. I'm a bit worried that by the time I get around to buying it, it will be gone completely. Also concerned because I really don't think no.1 will be happy to sit in a rumble seat facing the back of a buggy seat the whole time! And she never, ever sat in the car seat in the buggy - screamed blue murder - so clearly, that won't work if number 2 is the same.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up forking out a load of money for another buggy, that will seat two. I really like my Uppababy, so have to say I'm very annoyed about it. And I have my doubts that the one I have will sell easily - why would it, when there's a newer version of the same one on the market that works better for two?

Anyone have any ideas or just hopeful words to offer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I'm in the exact same boat irritated. My plan changes daily but at the moment I'm thinking I'll try to buy an out-n-about nipper or similar second hand to use as a double and hang on to the uppababy to use as a single when I need it. I would consider selling the uppababy but as you said they don't seem to be going for much on the selling sites. It's very disappointing. I've emailed a good few shops about the rumble seat but no luck.

Thanks contrary_mary. I'm thinking along the same lines.

I think for the heck of it I will email Uppababy and voice my displeasure. It probably won't result in anything, but I might aswell say something.

Oh I'll be fuming if I can't get it, I asked specifically last time I was there and was told I could it for another couple of years. Will be ringing them tomorrow.

Just off the phone TKs, they're getting a delivery of rumble seats, but it will probably be the last delivery, going to have to buy one just in case, hope I'm not tempting fate!

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Just off the phone TKs, they're getting a delivery of rumble seats, but it will probably be the last delivery, going to have to buy one just in case, hope I'm not tempting fate!

Oh no - I don't know what to do! Feels too early to make a decision about this! Did they say when they're getting them in?

Sent an email to the Irish distributor and got the following response:

"The old version of the rumble seat is, indeed, still available. However, they are out of stock at the moment and are due back in at the end of August/beginning of September."

Fair enough. Fingers crossed.

To be honest, we had some big issues with TK and delivery dates of the buggy for no.1, so I'm a bit wary of anything they say. I wouldn't be mad to go back to them. I think we'll just wait - asides from anything else I don't want to tempt fate. We'll figure something out further down the line.

Hi just wondering did you have any luck getting rumble seat.im due shortly and still no definite answer from shop as to when and if at all ill be able to get one.its so annoying.dunno what to do.

• Advertisement

I haven"t actually bought yet, I'm not due til next year so I'm not in a rush myself.
    Hope you can find one..any second hand on done deal??

Mine still hasn't come into Bella baby...

detoxkid wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't come into Bella baby...

They said September to me... I suppose we still have a week left! As it happens my older fella still isn't walking so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a proper double.

The second-hand ones are going for close to full price when they do come up (which is rarely).

Apparently now rumble seats not in till end of November now.due beginning of November so will have to decide whether to wait or try sell mine and get proper double??

I got a call off TK's the other day to say they were having problems with the manufacturer and the seats wouldn't be in for a while. In no hurry as not planning #2 till next year. I've seen some second hand ones for sale on adverts and WOL if anyone is looking for one before them.

Advertisement