Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black-eyed people in Ireland!

• 11-07-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have read a lot of stories about people having encounters with Black-Eyed Children, (and also black-eyed adults) from all over the world, mainly the US. These BECs often knock on people's doors, asking to be let into the house for various reasons, such as that they are lost, or want a drink of water. Their eyes are entirely black, including where the whites of their eyes should be. I have read of one case from Northern Ireland, where 2 teenage boys asked a woman to let them into her apartment, and they had black eyes...and I was just wondering - does anyone have any personal experience of the BECs, or any stories? I'd also be interested to hear any stories people have of creepy strangers asking to be let into their home (not TV licence inspectors!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

far as I know, the BEK phenomenon is more of an internet age invention rather than anything else. bit like slenderman etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

I think the stories started around the late 90s. Just search for Black Eyed Children in your browser and you will find lots of stories. Make up your own mind about em.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

The joke would be two irishmen got drunk in the bar and go into a fight.

In anime cosplay shops, they sell black contacts.

Some people think the black-eyed people might be paranormal and supernatural.

If you ever meet one, say hello to them/ it for me.

You might just invite them in.

Advertisement