Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fpl -power ups

Options
  • 11-07-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. fpl just back and i noticed the power up option. Good idea. But can somebody please tell me why you would chose the all out attack option (2-5-3) instead of allowing all your bench to play as well. Are the bench on reduced points ? Seems like a real stupid bug.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

bpb101 wrote: »
    Hey folks. fpl just back and i noticed the power up option. Good idea. But can somebody please tell me why you would chose the all out attack option (2-5-3) instead of allowing all your bench to play as well. Are the bench on reduced points ? Seems like a real stupid bug.

I see where you're coming from. You can only use each one once, apart from the wildcard and only one may be used in any one gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can use each "power up" only one time so its not that stupid. Still a bit stupid though. 2-5-3 could be handy if you have a defensive injury crisis and are running a bit short. The bench boost is perfect for DGW. They're called chips not power ups and questions like this normally go in the regular chat thread just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

ohhh, sorry. You can only use it once for the season. You cant just selected 1 every game week , no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

bpb101 wrote:
    ohhh, sorry. You can only use it once for the season. You cant just selected 1 every game week , no?

Oh god no. That would be ridiculous. 100 points every week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Am I turning into the forum grouch or http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Advertisement

Then the 2-5-3 would certainly be very pointless! This things are stupid but they are at least making us use traditional formations the majority of the time. You can only use 1 of your 5 chips in any particular week and each chip can only be used once.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jimmii wrote: »
    You can use each "power up" only one time so its not that stupid. Still a bit stupid though. 2-5-3 could be handy if you have a defensive injury crisis and are running a bit short. The bench boost is perfect for DGW. They're called chips not power ups and questions like this normally go in the regular chat thread just so you know.

the triple captain could be huge in a DGW as well

Ace2007 wrote: »
    the triple captain could be huge in a DGW as well

Yeh of course. You would want to use the bench boost for a bigger DGW and the triple captain for a smaller DGW ideally with one of the big guns playing. Getting the 2-5-3 used at the right time is going to be the interesting one especially given how people tend to set their teams up with at least one weak mid/for. Looks like some are planning on using it in GW1 not sure on that myself. If anything using it GW38 when defending often goes out the window might be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i might be slightly open to these power-ups, but only if it makes a videogame-type power-up noise when you click on it. that would be sweeeeeeeeeet

get it done FPL

manual_man wrote: »
    i might be slightly open to these power-ups, but only if it makes a videogame-type power-up noise when you click on it. that would be sweeeeeeeeeet

get it done FPL
    That would be so cool! Or if when you select power-up the screen explodes and flashes power-up time all over the place. It would need to be in 16bit graphics to make it extra special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    That would be so cool! Or if when you select power-up the screen explodes and flashes power-up time all over the place. It would need to be in 16bit graphics to make it extra special.

Getting severely tempted to dust off the Super Nintendo as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll be saving my power up for the week after I captain Balotelli...

Advertisement