Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump on new piercing

Options
  • 11-07-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey all, hope someone can give some real advice...

Got my nose done a few weeks ago and all was fine until a few days ago when it started growing an ugly lump at the hole..I've heard it's common for piercings and will go away in a few days if I keep it clean. It looks kinda sore but it doesn't hurt. I don't think it got infected but it did get pulled around a bit heavily by accident a few times which seemed to aggrevate/start the whole thing. I've been cleaning it morning and evening but to no avail..the lump remains,stubborn as a god damn mule..I'm nearly at the stage of grabbing it tightly and ripping it off..

Would this be considered a bad idea for any reason apart from some temporary and justified pain? ? ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good thread here, linked to in the index of helpful threads!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055017477

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Hi,

Firstly was this done with a gun or a needle?
    It is a screw style bar, straight bar etc?
    Is the lump colored or dark?

It sounds to me like over Hypergranulation.
    There is a very helpful link here by one of the worlds greatest piercers.

on this page she has a couple different solutions to different issues, for example, if it's indeed a piercing pimple, you can find a solution right below.

Don't forget however, you are always best to have a trained, professional piercer have a look, self diagnosing is rarely as good as a professionals opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fear le solas

Nice one Star Lord - I'm going through it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fear le solas

Bandit0 - It was done with a needle (I've been told not to use guns) and it's just your average ring (like in the pic in the link you sent).

It seems to be the hypergranulation tissue issue... I don't want to take it out unless absolutely necessary and from the reading I've done so far, I might just get away with it, I'll follow the steps and see how it is in another few days.

Thx dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Bandit0 - It was done with a needle (I've been told not to use guns) and it's just your average ring (like in the pic in the link you sent).

It seems to be the hypergranulation tissue issue... I don't want to take it out unless absolutely necessary and from the reading I've done so far, I might just get away with it, I'll follow the steps and see how it is in another few days.

Thx dude ;)

No problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Exact same thing happened with mine.

Made sure to clean it every day (but not too much to dry it out) with salt and warm water. I also put a bit of tea tree oil on it, and even thought it took a while, it went down

Advertisement