Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morocco?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Advice please on the best deal out there for two weeks in Morocco late September? Silver surfers, so low-key preferred. Some beach, some shopping, and some exploring 'real Morocco'.....thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

If it's easy, beachy you want, many friends have enjoyed Essoueira. I haven't been there, though. I *have* been to Fez and Chefchaouen. Both are in the north, on the tourist trail but still also pretty 'authentic' and easy to do. Fez is excellent for picking up Moroccan crafts - it still has a genuine working medina. I've also heard good things about Meknes, near Fez. Chefchaouen is in the Rif mountains. You get a bus there. It's chilled and famous for being painted sky blue.

Didn't think much of Tangier, though it's interesting for a day.

Advertisement