Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What accessories?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Apologies for beginning a new thread for this.

I am wearing a mint green one shouldered dress to an upcoming wedding. The one shoulder strap is ruffled. What sort of jewellery or bag might go with this?

Jewellery is my main concern!

Thanks.

I'm on phone at moment so don't know how to put images in but it's Debut from Debenhams.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Here's the link for anyone who wants to see the dress http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_008010410234_-1
    I wouldn't wear a necklace with that dress, let the strap detail do the talking. Maybe some dangly silver and/or diamante earrings, and a similar bracelet or cuff.
    Colour-wise I'd go for a pink or puce for shoes and bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thank you for the link although I wish you hadn't as I now see the price!!!! Could have grabbed a bargain if I had waited!!

Thank you for the link although I wish you hadn't as I now see the price!!!! Could have grabbed a bargain if I had waited!!

Oh no, as soon as I saw that it was reduced I thought 'Eek, I hope that's the price she paid!' - feck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Something delicate. Silver with pearls. For the bag something silvery maybe a pattern which is muted and of a clutch variety. Opal would be nice with it too on a ring and earrings.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh no, as soon as I saw that it was reduced I thought 'Eek, I hope that's the price she paid!' - feck!

Hee hee I paid €87 I think it was so not too bad!

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    Something delicate. Silver with pearls. For the bag something silvery maybe a pattern which is muted and of a clutch variety. Opal would be nice with it too on a ring and earrings.

Funny you should mention pearls, these are the first shoes I thought of when I saw the dress http://www.amazon.co.uk/166/dp/B00626W572
    Saw them in Cinders in Galway a couple of years ago and searched high and low for a dress that would go with them, but failed :(

White with those shoes would be nice, startling white. I've forgotten how much I love putting clothes together.

Thanks girls. What about a shawl/wrap/something for the shoulders? Conscious of my arms! Also, any suggestions on what I can do with my hair? Any nice clips that I could put in? I've below shoulder length dyed red hair! Thanks!

A wrap would hide that lovely detail. You would need the accessories bought and then match the clips, depending on what earrings you're wearing. Don't worry about your arms.

Advertisement