Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless shoe initiative?

Options
  • 10-07-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This is probably the wrong place to post it and I apologise if it is, but I have a question that is relevant to those involved in volunteering and helping the homeless

Is there any sort of initiative or the like that moves to help homeless people/beggars obtain shoes?

One thing I've noticed since I've moved to Dublin is the quality of beggar's shoes. I walked past one today with a pair of Paul Smiths (which are hundreds and hundreds of euro) and I commonly see other beggars wearing timberlands, nikes (and not the basic cheap ones, I mean Roshe Runs and air max which go for over €100 most of the time).

I'm not trying to say that homeless people are trying to scam money or whatever, I'm just genuinely curious if there are initiatives for this sort of thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Those shoes could have been donated by people to organisations which help the homeless. Or they could be their own shoes from before they were homeless.

In work last Christmas a colleague was collecting coats for a local homeless charity to keep people warm. I donated my Karen Millen coat (bought originally for about €300) because it had a small stain on it. I hope someone got some use out of it.

Advertisement