Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunisia

Options
  • 10-07-2015 11:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭

The UK are now saying that you shouldn't travel to some parts of Tunisia at all and other parts only if it's essential.

What defines essential travel, does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

What defines essential travel, does anyone know?
    Self explanatory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Now that our own DFA has advised against travel your travel insurance won't cover you so it's pretty clear cut.

There's a lot of opinion online that it's a massive over reaction by the UK but that's another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm sorry, is this a secret? I'm on the other side of the world and I saw it.

Latest Travel Alert

Following consultations and consideration of the security situation in Tunisia, Irish citizens are being advised to avoid non-essential travel to Tunisia in light of increased security concerns.

We are encouraging any Irish visitors to Tunisia to review whether their presence in Tunisia is essential and, where it is not, we are advising them to leave by commercial means.

Any Irish citizens in Tunisia who are not yet registered with the Department but who plan to remain in Tunisia are advised to register without delay.

Link

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Can I have an example of a business reason that could possibly be deemed essential? I can't think of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

Of course they can theres no flights from Ireland to there! If you travel from the UK then you will be advised not to and if u do then dont come crying when ISIS is lobing off ye head

• Advertisement
Advertisement