Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a birth certificate be enough to go to england by ferry?

Options
  • 10-07-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, so I am not sure about whether or not a birth certificate would be enough to get the ferry to England, I have applied for a passport (which was difficult as I have no other form of ID or proper proof of address), I have my birth certificate and I have applied for an age card too but would just a birth certificate suffice. I'm quite short on time and I don't have time to wait for the passport or the age card. I have an ML10 from the guards if that would do either. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Photo ID would be required if you were checked.

Actually you are in luck...
    Ireland/Britain Routes

Irish Ferries recommend all passengers bring a passport with them. Irish and British citizens do not strictly require a passport to travel between the two countries - some form of identification is however required. Please note that all nationalities except Irish or British require passports. Non-EU nationals should check with the British or Irish embassy before travelling as they may also need a visa. Passengers who turn up at our ports without valid documentation may not be allowed to enter either Ireland or Britain.

Useful means of identification when travelling on these routes are:

Passport
    Driving Licence
    European identity Card
    Bank cards
    Photo ID (school or college)
    Utility Bills
    Birth Certificate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I have never been asked for I D on the ferry and have travelled as a foot passenger and in the car.

Advertisement