Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Vision Camcorders (Well, nearly)

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Last month set up a camcorder on an investigation set on night vision but night vision seemed only good for say four or five feet distance in the dark. Going back there to that location, so to improve the night vision I'm testing having a UV 70 Watt bulb lit in the room that we are investigating, did a trial run at home and it seems to improve things greatly. Hopefully it works on the night. Anyone ever try this? How were your results? i.e. did you get better ' night vision this way? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ive tried black lights before - works well. these days though I just use a normal light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

The reason for the UV light is that the room's normal lights go on and off by themselves from time to time, sometime in reply to questions. I am trying to film what happens there when the lights go off (if that makes sense?!). The owners of the property say that there are no faults but this probably needs to be looked at by our electrician (if we are allowed)

I normally just run a normal bulb alongside any cameras. I cant see any advantage at all to using IR, and in fact some research claims IR actually stops paranormal occurrences (the same goes for UV, which funnily enough are the two light spectrums used in so called 'full spectrum' cameras - even though they only process three different spectrums of light. )

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Using IR does seem to stop activity. Guess its like shining flashlight at unsuspecting people.

i have no scientific reasoning for this, bar a good friend of mine who has been researching light spectrums recommended I try it, but red light bulbs seem to work (as in red filament bulbs (or LED) rather than normal bulbs with red covering). All I know is that before using them, I wasn't capturing much but since I started using them there seems to be all sorts of things being recorded, such as whistling and plates moving. Basically all I can go by is the kind of stuff recorded before using red bulbs and the kind of stuff recorded when using them. Definitely seems to be more using them. Bits and pieces we have recorded can be heard at http://leinsterparanormal.com/v1/carlow-gaol-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

A question more regarding equipment. I want to hopefully pick up a few bits in September. Has anyone tried the cameras that were in Lidl the sensor ones think they were night vision too. And where is the best place to pick stuff up..Would love one of those cameras like they have in Incidious 3 or a good camercorder.

i usually trawl the likes of adverts.ie - you can pick up Sonys for 100 quid or less. I've used one of these before - they're pretty good and not that expensive - http://www.hauntedsolutions.com/product_p/e.v.t-cam.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you ill have to keep tabs on this one.. Yeah tis hard to know what would be good when you don't use the stuff anyway..

Advertisement