Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance/Fees!! HELP!!

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Ok so a bit of a sticky situation which no-one over the phone has really been able to help me with, all just tell me to go to SUSI...
    I've just applied for back to education allowance to go back to college. I know that i'll definitely get this, been working casual hours and have clocked up the relevant amount of days. I'm 23, but not a mature student (was 23 after January).
    I dropped out of my course after completing 3 years of it, which i started after my leaving cert. (dropped out in 2014 but finished my last exam successfully in 2013).
    Got the grant and reg fees and the usual stuff paid for me as normal the first time I went.
    This time around, I know that I'll have to pay registration fees to the college myself which i'm taking a loan out for (3000 a year or there abouts), but my concern is will I get my TUITION fees paid for me this time around?? (you know the ones that differ depending on the course you are doing etc). I'm not sure if i went as far as I did in my course if I will be obliged to pay fees for my course as some sort of penalty or something.
    Can someone please help? I'm so stressed over all this. All I wanna do is go back to college to get a proper job but if I have to pay tuition fees this will all be a dream unfortunately. Aint no way I can take out a near €35,000 loan for fees/reg etc etc :'(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Unfortunately you do not qualify for any fees, contributions or maintenance from the grants scheme or free fees.
    You must be progressing from were you last finished or take a break of 5 years from any study/education or apprenticeship that leads to a major award on the NFQ.

Advertisement