Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentistry ucc

Options
  • 09-07-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi in trinity I heard you do dentistry in a pbl format what's the difference between trinity and ucc in terms of that. Do you have to work in groups a lot in ucc ? Is there a lot of rote learning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

UCC (at least for medicine- not sure about dentistry) uses traditional lectures which I believe would lead to more rote learning but at the same time you get the information faster. In med we will have 2-3 hours a week of small group sessions where we discuss clinical cases but again not sure if it's the same for dentistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

PBL sucks, I've heard this from numerous sources and we're all glad we don't have to do it in Cork. We have lectures in Brookfield and campus for the first two years, and you're basically on clinic treating patients getting hands on experience for the last three. I'd recommend it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Arelaie

Thanks for the reply I don't think trinity is for me to be honest . How many hours a week are you usually in lectures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Arelaie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply I don't think trinity is for me to be honest . How many hours a week are you usually in lectures ?

That depends on what year you are in.
    The hours for first year are okay but there is enough to keep you going in the stuff you will learn.
    There are more modules in second year..
    Third year on jumps into the clinical stuff so you will be spending the day in the hospital.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement