Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java certification - Prospects

Options
  • 09-07-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can advise on this.

I'd like to the course linked below or similar, but not sure what level that would qualify me to, or what positions I could apply for.

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated. Thanks!!

Java Programming Course Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Will you take the Oracle Exam at the end of the Course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Itzy wrote: »
    Will you take the Oracle Exam at the end of the Course?

Yes. And long term I'd plan to continue the certification path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If you know the Java programming language well, and if you can make software and apps ect. There is no need for certs.

Just show your skills during an an interview, and take part in open source projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

If you know the Java programming language well, and if you can make software and apps ect. There is no need for certs.

Just show your skills during an an interview, and take part in open source projects.

Nope. I've some experience, but not a lot. I've a good aptitude for it though. I prefer doin a course to make sure I don't have any gaps.

Just never sure of the exact skills a position requires.

Advertisement