Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus Point System 2015/16

Options
  • 09-07-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Last season:

2IVhfMO.png

Changes this season:

Save is worth 2 BPS instead of 1
    2 CBIs is 1 BPS instead of 3 CBIs
    Net successful tackle is worth 2 BPS instead of 1
    70 to 79% pass completion (at least 30 passes made) down from 3 BPS to 2
    80 to 89% pass completion (at least 30 passes made) down from 6 BPS to 4
    90%+ pass completion (at least 30 passes made) down from 9 BPS to 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

makes cheap keeper a little more attractive. save merchants Panti and Super Boaz i'm lookin at you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers for that Ziegler.

Looks as if it'll be harder for CB's to get the often-seen 3 BP's when their team is involved in a clean sheet due to less weight being put on the 90%+ pass completion statistics and the CBI decrease. Goalkeepers become a little more valuable.

Last year, of all Premier League players who made 20 or more starts, 10 players who ranked in the top 20 of pass completion rates were CB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers for that Ziegler.

Looks as if it'll be harder for CB's to get the often-seen 3 BP's when their team is involved in a clean sheet due to less weight being put on the 90%+ pass completion statistics and the CBI decrease. Goalkeepers become a little more valuable.

Last year, of all Premier League players who made 20 or more starts, 10 players who ranked in the top 20 of pass completion rates were CB's.

CBIs are worth more now since you only need two to get 1 BPS instead of three last season. I think this change will benefit someone like Terry and smaller teams who were making lots of CBIs but never completing the 30 pass minimum due to hoofing the ball a lot. Goalkeepers who make saves will also benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers for that Ziegler.

CBI weighting has increased was 3 CBI = 1 BPS now is 2 CBI = 1 BPS. I think there could be CBs who pick up a good few extra bonus this season with the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

jimmii wrote: »
    CBI weighting has increased was 3 CBI = 1 BPS now is 2 CBI = 1 BPS. I think there could be CBs who pick up a good few extra bonus this season with the changes.
    CBIs are worth more now since you only need two to get 1 BPS instead of three last season. I think this change will benefit someone like Terry and smaller teams who were making lots of CBIs but never completing the 30 pass minimum due to hoofing the ball a lot. Goalkeepers who make saves will also benefit.

Ah, I read it wrong.

Cheers lads. Just ignore the bulk of my initial post. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Midfielders and forwards could also be affected by the pass % change. Hazard would always dominate BPS in part because of his high pass completion. Rooney as well, although he was making a decent number of CBIs from deeper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Midfielders and forwards could also be affected by the pass % change. Hazard would always dominate BPS in part because of his high pass completion. Rooney as well, although he was making a decent number of CBIs from deeper

Yeh guess its to lessen the effect it had on players like Kosc who got BPS for that virtually every game despite practically 0 of those passes being in anyway effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sorry, what does CBI stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Clearance, block, interception

Advertisement