Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACELS Preparatory Certificate in English

• 09-07-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am currently looking into teaching English as foreign language. I am a state qualified secondary school teacher so therefore I do not need to do the CELT or CELTA courses. Through research I have been told that I only need to do a preparatory certificate in English which costs much less and is only for one week. However I have been ringing around trying to find places that are running this course and they all seem to have finished up running the course for the summer. I was wondering does anyone have any information on places that run this course? Also I have heard that if I do this course I would not be able to teach abroad as it is only recognised in Ireland? Is this true? I was hoping to teach English next summer in Vietnam however I have been told I need to do a CELT course which will cost me about 1000 euro which is too expensive for me.
    Thanks for you time :)

Advertisement