Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Barry Egan vom1t

Options
  • 09-07-2015 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭

An Irish has-been pseudo-celebrity has a life 'event' which our man Barry bloats into an international incident....

Alison Doody, the ex wife of Gavin O'Reilly, has been single since March, when her engagement with dreamboat beef baron Tadgh Geary came to an amicable end.

Wait, there's more.....

Secondly, exceedingly stylish and elegant Alison is far more likely to be at a dinner party with her close friends - Aisling Gleeson and beef baron Gerry Purcell; ex A-Wear supremo and now charity queen Deirdre Kelly and her husband, BMW dealer Tom Murphy; Rhona Blake, Ireland's foremost PR woman (a fellow former Mount Anville stunner too) and husband horse-racing guru Charlie Murless; achingly hip, to say nothing of dashing, New York hotelier John Fitzpatrick - all of whom are unanimous in their loyalty and support and indeed love for the ex-Bond girl (she was in 1985's A View To A Kill.)

Another pathetic BE exercise in name-dropping!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Did they actually say that?

That she was in a view to a kill? I'm sure she wasnt.

As for the rest, it reads like some terrible novel by an unsuccessful writer, where they introduce all the characters, maybe he'll be found dead, beaten to reach with a candlestick for crimes against writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

cerastes wrote: »
    Did they actually say that?

That she was in a view to a kill? I'm sure she wasnt.

As for the rest, it reads like some terrible novel by an unsuccessful writer, where they introduce all the characters, maybe he'll be found dead, beaten to reach with a candlestick for crimes against writing.

She was yeah, still a teenager at the time i think.

She played a character called Jenny Flex.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She was yeah, still a teenager at the time i think.

She played a character called Jenny Flex.

She'd be better know for Indiana Jones and the last crusade where she had a major role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Elmo wrote: »
    She'd be better know for Indiana Jones and the last crusade where she had a major role.

She would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I know yeah, i was agreeing with you :cool:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

coylemj wrote: »
    An Irish has-been pseudo-celebrity has a life 'event' which our man Barry bloats into an international incident....

Alison Doody, the ex wife of Gavin O'Reilly, has been single since March, when her engagement with dreamboat beef baron Tadgh Geary came to an amicable end.

Wait, there's more.....

Secondly, exceedingly stylish and elegant Alison is far more likely to be at a dinner party with her close friends - Aisling Gleeson and beef baron Gerry Purcell; ex A-Wear supremo and now charity queen Deirdre Kelly and her husband, BMW dealer Tom Murphy; Rhona Blake, Ireland's foremost PR woman (a fellow former Mount Anville stunner too) and husband horse-racing guru Charlie Murless; achingly hip, to say nothing of dashing, New York hotelier John Fitzpatrick - all of whom are unanimous in their loyalty and support and indeed love for the ex-Bond girl (she was in 1985's A View To A Kill.)

Another pathetic BE exercise in name-dropping!

I thought the vom1t reference was a bit over the top, but on reading that stuff, I come to the conclusion that it was remarkably restrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think these columns are really funny. The vast majority of people will have no idea who these socialites are, so essentially the only people reading it are the people who are written about.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I think these columns are really funny. The vast majority of people will have no idea who these socialites are, so essentially the only people reading it are the people who are written about.

"Achingly hip" I just love that one!

Love the 'baron' 'supremo' how everyone just 'jetted in' everyone is 'stunning' and 'looked radiant ' ...Jaysus what a load of crud:)

• Advertisement

I just googled John Fitzpatrick, he is a middle aged guy in a suit. In what world is that hip? Maybe he is making fun of them.

I just googled John Fitzpatrick, he is a middle aged guy in a suit. In what world is that hip? Maybe he is making fun of them.

Might get Egan a free room on 49th St :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Might get Egan a free room on 49th St :D

I'm sure he pays the same rate as the rest of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Putting the tag 'ex-Bond girl' in context.......

Director Guy Hamilton who directed Goldfinger (1964), Diamonds Are Forever (1971) and Live and Let Die (1973) is quoted on IMDB.com as follows...

"One of the rules with the Bond pictures is that you're not allowed to have a leading lady who can act - because we can't afford them....If ever we were to have a real leading lady, the next time around we'd have to find another one. And in no time at all we'd have to have, oh, Jane Fonda for $2 million and up."

Oh dear!

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm sure he pays the same rate as the rest of us ;)

I reckon his column is all about getting free stuff, he gets sent everything from grooming products to free tickets to concerts.

I reckon his column is all about getting free stuff, he gets sent everything from grooming products to free tickets to concerts.

Luxor I'd say auld Coyle is well aware of that, that's the name of the game in that arena . An auld 'mentch' in these columns is worth a bit of auld, what will we call it, 'collateral' ? :D

Almost all of the Z celebs out in media land and are masters of the art.

What do they call it, blaggers, blagging their way to positions which would not be available to Joe O' Dinary.

Need to be stamped out these lads

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe he could start using a few of the grooming products, looks like a tramp himself.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe he could start using a few of the grooming products, looks like a tramp himself.

Niman,you hit a very good vein there,which opens up some discussions.

How do you know when you have really madeit?

When you can roll up to an 'event' dressed like a tumbleshack and you are accepted.

Lewis Hamilton tested out that theory recently and failed, Wimbledon.

Turning up dressed like a tramp and flying First Class would be the kind of bar marker.Usually the perp is not paying, but not always the case, some of these people get their rocks off by being so obnoxious and non conforming that they draw attention to themselves.

Which is what they want.

He doesn't dress badly, just has hair like he's in the Hot House Flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Noticed the bould Barry was trending on Twitter, down to a "review" he did for an Aisling Bea comedy gig. Bizarre, he basically just rehashes her set word for word. He actually gets paid to churn out tripe like this.

• Advertisement

Hope the media liggers both broadcast and print media don’t keep pimping the Bruce Springsteen concert for the next six months.

Brucie knows where his bread is buttered and so does Aiken.

Pat will dig deep again for a show which has been here numerous times before.

Hope the RTE liggers can tone it down a bit on the free publicity.

Advertisement