Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare Knocknacarra

Options
  • 08-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm starting back in work in a couple of weeks and am looking for childcare for my daughter who has just turned 1. I don't know many other parents in Galway so would love to hear any recommendations you might have.

I am open to either creche or childminder. (Any guidance on which you think would suit better would also be of benefit.) I should mention that I occasionally will have to work late so flexibility would be a great help.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Any crÃ႒¨che I have used in Galway shuts at 6pm and will not take children past that (which is fair enough as staff have their own lives!). If you need flexibility with collections later than 6pm you will need a childminder. I would start looking ASAP as a lot of people book childcare while still pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check Joyce's bulletin board for child minding offered next time you shop there.
    Maybe Dunnes in KN also has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The yellow house right beside the church is a creche, I think it's called bumble bee or little bee, something like that but I don't know anything about it other than that it's there a long time.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Other well established crÃ႒¨ches are Naomi's and bubbles (both Ballymoneen road), little rascals (virtually opposite Joyce's shop) and teddy house in Altan. Myself and my friends used all of these over the years and they are all good quality. All open 8am to 6pm as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Other well established crÃ႒¨ches are Naomi's and bubbles (both Ballymoneen road), little rascals (virtually opposite Joyce's shop) and teddy house in Altan. Myself and my friends used all of these over the years and they are all good quality. All open 8am to 6pm as far as I know.

My cousin had a really bad experience with <no anti-recommendations, please see charter. You can PM instead.>

My friends have children in Little Rascals, Little Red Hen and Oakwood crèches and I haven't heard any complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

as biko says have look on notice boards in your local shop,,i usually look on GUMTREE for childcare jobs.or go on MIND ME.IE,its a website for childcare..its a night mare trying to find a childminder ,its a shame that you live so far away from me.

Advertisement