Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14kg Bakers Dog Food 14.00

Options
  • 08-07-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

14kg bags of Bakers 'Chicken & Veg' dry dog food for E14 in Tesco Omni Centre tonight. Not sure if all Tesco's are doing the same offer.

These bags are normally E36.99 so a good E22.00 off.

Bakers is a decent brand but certainly not the best in the market but great for mixing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Thanks OP, I get this from Amazon.co.uk delivered for STG20 a bag. Haven't seen the 14kg bags in local Tesco's but would travel over to Omni to get some of these.

If anyone else sees them in other Tesco's then please update thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

They have them in Tesco Ballyfermot also.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

I think it's only the larger Tescos that are doing it. I know Tesco in Rush didn't have them. Omni had approx 20 bags left tonight at 8pm. I nabbed 4 bags AND used the Lidl €10 off voucher so I got 4 x 14kg bags for €46!

The Best Before date on them is June 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Both our collie and a friends labrador became allergic to Bakers, the Lab used to come out in weeping sores and the collie had hot spots both were fine on Red Mills the vet knew what it was straight away. Bakers 'soft meaty bits' are made soft with propylene glycol and the colorings are purely for the human owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Bakers is very far from a decent food, is akin to feeding your dog McDonalds for every meal and has been linked to skin and behavioural issues in some dogs who are fed it. Unless you are already feeding it then I wouldn't be switching.

If you are looking for a decent food for a good price head over to the Animals and Pet Issues part of the site where it has been discussed at length many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I tried it once with my rottweiler puppy ... never again! She was completely hyper on it, & she was hyper enough already. Wouldn't feed it to a dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I've a 3 yr old Border Collie Sheepdog. Usual eats purtina (i thonk thats what its called) - What Brand / Type of Dog Food is the better option(s) at reasonable price.

Thks to poster advising Bakers dog food not the best for collies.
    What is meant by "Hot Spot" ??? i. e. the effect of Bakers dog food, on the persons collies.

Thanking u for ur help in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have fed Bakers & Chum complete to my dogs for donkey's years & they have always been in superb condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Wouldnt give this stuff to a rat living in a rubbish dump never mind our pet dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Wouldnt give this stuff to a rat living in a rubbish dump never mind our pet dog.

So any recommendations ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Bakers is one of the worst dog foods available. Noone should feed their dog that $hit. Your four legged friends deserve better.

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0012/bakers-complete-adult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

So any recommendations ???

I recommend you head over to Animals and Pet Issues where there are numerous threads on the subject of good value, good quality dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

if anyone of my dogs seem to be losing weight this is what i buy them, they never refuse it and it fattens them up but its bad quality.
    Im feeding some of mine Gain the last 2 years and i find it great.

Advertisement