Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incremental scale

Options
  • 08-07-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm a secondary teacher moved back to Ireland last September, got a job in October to end of year, 16.5hrs/wk but to move up the pay scale you need a total of 600 hours in one school year? is that even possible unless you have full hours for a full school year? am I doomed to spend the rest of my life on salary scale one...if I'm lucky enough to get hours next year...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

rothai wrote: »
    I'm a secondary teacher moved back to Ireland last September, got a job in October to end of year, 16.5hrs/wk but to move up the pay scale you need a total of 600 hours in one school year? is that even possible unless you have full hours for a full school year? am I doomed to spend the rest of my life on salary scale one...if I'm lucky enough to get hours next year...

Ring teaching council basically. They have final say/sign off so see what the criteria are. It can get fuzzy if you've taught abroad (depends on country).
    I think though by 2 years you should have it covered... 3 odd hours a day X 168 days(for secondary) would be your rough total for what youve done so far. Dunno if you'd have to do the workshop things if your recently qualified.

Advertisement