Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gum Infection above a crown with braces!

Options
  • 08-07-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,
    Am coming to end of adult ortho treatment (nearly 3 years -v bad overbite) I also have a root canal & crown on one of my front teeth (this crown about 13 yrs old, original was 20 yrs ago). At the last tightening whatever way the crown was moved it flared up an infection in the gum above the crown. My own dentist gave my anti-biotics which helped a bit but even after this have been left with a boil on my gum so sore. So the ortho put on a lighter wire said we need to get those braces off soon as we can & my dentist just offered me more antibiotics. Have been in & out to dentist & ortho more times that I care for over past 2 weeks & am really worried about this boil/abcess so I got a bit annoyed with dentist yesterday as all she was saying was here is more anti-biotics you have to go back to ortho & feel like am being pushed from billy to jack. Anyway got a call today from the dentist she & the ortho spoke to one another & decided I needed to go to a peridontist which am booked in for tomorrow.
    My dentist took an x-ray says the crown & root canal to her look fine but there is bone damage (tho don't think any more than before) & the ortho is worried there is a lot of 'movement' on the crown itself now too.
    Am scared of what lies ahead now guess that's why am posting! any advice?

Advertisement