Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double Glazed Window Grant

• 08-07-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello all,

I wonder can someone give me some advice.

I know of a widow living with her 2 adult children (2 working - low income) in a house which is 30+ years old.

The windows are single glazed and some of the panes are very loose, meaning the house is extremely cold in the winter months.

The only source of heating in the house is a stove in the kitchen/ living room area meaning the house is exceptionally damp and cold. Due to low income she is unable to turn on radiators in the house and is really struggling.

Would she be entitled to a full grant to get new windows? I know she can claim tax for home improvement but what use is that when she cannot afford to have windows put in in the first place!

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thank you!

Comments

Advertisement