Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Phillippines

Options
  • 08-07-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone here made a trip to the Philippines?
    Im planning on going at xmas. Its a toss up between Boracay and El Nido.
    Would like to hear peoples experiences.

I'll be travelling from Perth, Australia.

Thanks,

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

depends what you are looking for.

Boracay is so so , nice beach when its sunny, some food, some decent hotels, some nightlife (not much) but enough for a few days of bar hopping.

El Nido... quiet, nothing much to do at night, few restaurants, few hotels, peaceful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Was there last Year December 2014 till January 2015.

Palawan is a must! For sceneries and mother nature i will suggest Coron and El Nido. Boracay wasn't the same as before it's now kinda polluted and a place for nightlife / parties (if you're into those kind of things).

I myself would prefer a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere so I would recommend El Nido ;) If you have time visit Coron too. Just look it up in Google and you'll fall in love with the place.

Last but not the least 1 week is the minimum if you want to enjoy the place i stayed there for 4 days and it wasn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

thank you both for sharing your experiences.

The more I read up about Boracay the more I see the reviews vary.

I have been to Phuket and I loved that place so now can you tell me is boracay as good or better or worse.

I do like the sounds of el nido but don't have enough time to do both, and boracay just seems a bit more straight forward to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Boracay is a tiny island, and now it seems overdeveloped, concrete stuff going up everywhere as everyone seems to want to get in on the action?
    Ive heard Palawan is nice

Thanks all for all of your info.

As there are no direct flights from Perth to Boracay, what would you recommend as the best route to go and possible and extra one night stopover (not in Singapore or KL) alongthe way?

Thanks,

Niamh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

niva*sis wrote: »

As there are no direct flights from Perth to Boracay, what would you recommend as the best route to go and possible and extra one night stopover (not in Singapore or KL) alongthe way?

Thanks,

Niamh

Hong Kong?

Thanks however HK wouldn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys
    thought id hop on this we are looking to go the 1th march to the 29th march 16. going to stay a night in Manila for 1 night as our flight out is late so will arrive late in Manila and get a flight down to Boracay Kalibo.
    we are doing 3 nights in Hong kong on our way home to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

niva*sis wrote: »

Thanks,

Niamh

The only 1-stop flights from PER to either MPH or KLO (both Boracay) are through either Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, HK, China or Korea. You're going to have to add an extra flight in if none of them appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

I stop off fairly regularly in KL and have always enjoyed the city.

Great street food and very good value central hotels.
    I pay about €40 for double or triple room, including breakfast. Not bad for a capital city. Also pub scene good, if a bit expensive.

Also the International Airport KLIA is in my opinion one of the better ones in the area (Except perhaps Singapore). And the KLIA express train into central station is very handy. Taxi then to hotel is very cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement