Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatel 0ne Touch 983

Options
  • 07-07-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hello people, my phone is supposed to be smart, so maybe I'm a bit stupid! Can't receive or send MMS messages. I don't know how long the problem is going on for, was with O2 and now with 3. Have received them in the past. I get a message notification which says 'Download', press that and nothing happens. Went to 3 shop today, he says I need to have "Data enabled" which will cost €1 a day, is that true? I might only get one MMS message a month. Are there settings I could check. Not computer literate so advice will need to be 'simple'! Thanks, Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Can you get the person to use whatsapp to send you the mms?
    whatsapp costs about €1 a year but you can send as many pictures as possible to any phone that has it, and the images can be opened when on a wifi network.
    if you dont have wifi you can hop into mcdonalds, a library, easons, starbucks, tesco, and shopping centres, even buses have free wifi on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

MMS is a multimedia message and as such will have multimeadia in it so you will need data to download it. They won't download over wifi either it has to be a 3g/4g connection.
    If you want a smart phone you should be using data to get the most from the phone. if you just want to use the mms feature then it'll only cost 1 euro on the day you download it. Just make sure to turn data back off on that day!

Advertisement