Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions around Galway

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I am planning to visit Galway for 2 days in July 3rd week. I live in Dublin and would like to drive from Dublin to Galway by my own car. Thereafter, I want to do day trips from Galway to Cliffs of Moher and Connemara.

Can anybody please tell me how are the road conditions from Galway City to Cliffs of Moher and Connemara National Park? Are these narrow hilly roads? single-lane or double-lane? I have no prior experience of driving on hilly areas - if it's a difficult drive, I can probably book a bus tour.

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can use Google Streetview to view sections of the road, but yeah if you're a new or nervous driver you may find some sections a bit daunting. It's all single lane and can be quite narrow with locals flying down the road.

If you stick to the main roads to Cliffs of Moher and Clifden you will be fine but I have pulled tourist cars out of small road ditches before in Connemara.

Advertisement