Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reassessment susi

Options
  • 07-07-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was informed for susi grant renewal this year that it will be a reassessment. I renewed as soon as susi opened back up but I haven't received any documentation requests yet and it's in over 7 weeks now!

Is this normal, I Remember last year I had to do a reassessment as well, but I got the documentation requests within two weeks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mamamia51

My son got letter out last week looking for docs. Id say you might not be too much longer. You can give them a quick buzz maybe to check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, I was informed for susi grant renewal this year that it will be a reassessment. I renewed as soon as susi opened back up but I haven't received any documentation requests yet and it's in over 7 weeks now!

Is this normal, I Remember last year I had to do a reassessment as well, but I got the documentation requests within two weeks!

SUSI may not require any documents. You should check the online tracker in the susi account for any updates.
    If SUSI do require any document, there is no real time scale other than up to six weeks initial processing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I applied in early May, and i got a request for documents last week. I'm a renewing applicant by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I applied in early May, and i got a request for documents last week. I'm a renewing applicant by the way.

No everyone would get a request for documents, renewals or first time applicants.
    Every application would be different but a lot of applications are not required to submit documents unless there would be something that needs to be verified that was submitted on the application.
    SUSI have direct links to other government departments for the majority of Revenue and Social Welfare information and this can be retrieved directly into their system.
    Where an applicant has attended any education in 3 of the last 5 years, they can use this for residence.

Example of where a student would be requested to provide documents:
    Where a household has reckonable income from Self employment or rental, documents would be requested as the accounts for these types of income would have add-back (income that is allowed by revenue but not allowed for the purpose of the grant assessment)

or

If there has been a change of course or college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for all the replies. I emailed susi and they told me to wait and keep checking online at susi website for updates. I just have to wait and see no more I can do. I applied start of May, maybe il get something in the post on Monday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement