Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fair price for steering track rod replacement

Options
  • 07-07-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Quick question,

I got my focus serviced at a ford main dealer and was quoted €200 to replace a single steering track rod (rhf).

Does this seem a fair price? Could I get this done cheaper elsewhere?

Note that the price includes wheel alignment which I think will be necessary as part of the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Expect to pay around half that from an independent garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

If the tracking is ok as it is then get an independent garage to do it without alignment
    Should be 100 at most excluding parts
    Tracking should be 50/60 extra
    Edit; if theyre charging more for alignment bring it for alignment at a tyre shop

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hmm. It so happens that I got a track rod and a track rod end replaced together with a front-wheel alignment for €155, the labour component being €50. This is on a fairly big Jag. So €200 in your case does seem a little steep.

Advertisement