Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming laptop

Options
  • 07-07-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I'm looking around for a decent low budget gaming laptop and I'm struggling. I want a laptop that can play games such as battlefield and will be able to cope with new gen games at decent settings. I'm looking around the 600-700 euro range but I'm struggling to find anything that meets the requirements, if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

SGGFC wrote: »
    I'm looking around for a decent low budget gaming laptop and I'm struggling. I want a laptop that can play games such as battlefield and will be able to cope with new gen games at decent settings. I'm looking around the 600-700 euro range but I'm struggling to find anything that meets the requirements, if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Call me a cynic but I don't think 'low budget' and 'gaming laptop' are compatible. You can play relatively recent games on a machine with that budget but you'd be looking at pretty low res settings and stuff like AA, shadows, viewing distance etc., way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

700 is an OK budget.

Example here for €720, i5-4210, GTX850, 4GB.

You'd have to add more ram at some stage but it's not critical immediately.

Would play Battlefield at 1080p mid-high settings.

If you want to go cheaper there are GT840M laptops knocking around for about €450-500. They'll run Battlefield at 1080p low settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

700 is an OK budget.

Example here for €720, i5-4210, GTX850, 4GB.

You'd have to add more ram at some stage but it's not critical immediately.

Would play Battlefield at 1080p mid-high settings.

If you want to go cheaper there are GT840M laptops knocking around for about €450-500. They'll run Battlefield at 1080p low settings.

I'll bow to TF's greater knowledge on this one. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SGGFC

https://m.alternate.de/productdetails.xhtml?p=1159194 I saw a laptop for 780 with good specs, i5 processor, gtx 860m and 8gb ram, its not bad for the price but its a big squeeze to afford something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*Standard message*

Please note that Lenovo Y50 screens are garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *Standard message*

Please note that Lenovo Y50 screens are garbage.

How so?

Also what is peoples opinion of buying a laptop overseas for when things ultimately go wrong?

That website that SGGFC linked, is that known to be good? Descriptions are a little lacking... not speaking German doesn't help :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pipercadet

Hi all,
    I am also looking to invest in a gaming pc for up to 800-900euro, less if possible. I have a ps4 but would like to play modded versions of Skyrim and Fallout4. My main passion though is retro games especially from the Dreamcast and Neo Geo era. Not too sure which is the way to go. I know people will say build it yourself but Id rather it was a laptop as I'll also use it for work, travel and streaming. A 15" screen is the biggest size id want and adequately cooled.
    If anyone has any good recommendations Id really appreciate.

Advertisement