Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metric Tour

Options
  • 07-07-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

...about 20 dates around Europe and none in Ireland! :mad::mad:
    I'm not sure they have ever played here, but I'd almost certainly say not in the last 5 years (unless I was away and can't remember) - Can anyone enlighten me? Anyone gonna travel or is there a chance they'll announce more dates....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

They played a few years ago in the Academy, the Academy wasn't used for actual gigs back then. More dance orientated, if memory serves me.

It was on a midweek, like a shítty Tuesday. I've to travel, these things matter when you're getting older.

Haines was looking her usual rideable self, purring like a kitty cat, the band smashed it.

Focking killer gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

It was called spirit 59 back then. Search for that and metric and there's videos on YouTube. It was a very undersold gig (going head to head with Tapes and Tapes which took away alot of potential audience) reckon that was why we're not seeing them back. It was a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

2006 - jaysus, that's nearly ten years ago! must have been a pretty poor turnout not to come back... (liveinhope)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm fairly sure they have played the Electric Picnic since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

i'd be fairly sure they haven't....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sorrrreeeeeee! ; D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Yeh they never played EP. They did play Glastonbury in 2009 I think going head to head with Rolf Harris which left about 20 people watching Metric on the other stage.

Advertisement