Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has First Year been for your child?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My DS will hopefully start secondary in Sept 2016. Older friends with children who have already gone through the system said they advised their children to 'survive secondary and get to college where you meet your life long friends' Do you agree with this? Is secondary a minefield? Is it something to be just tolerated?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moving this to Parenting where I think you'll get more answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Not so sure about college and meeting your life long friends there. Sure you meet new people, and become friends, but for me anyway, lifelong friends are those you make in secondary school, even primary! Growing up together, living close, a greater bond is made then those you meet in college. There can often be a divide between "home friends" and "college friends", the former being the ones I would have been closer with.

Advertisement