Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No P45 or holiday pay or final months wages

Options
  • 07-07-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was working for a company in Dublin for 6 months.
    I was on a 6 month initial contract and was assured that I would be given a better contract after.

About 3 months into the job and the boss gave me a car to use for work. He signed the logbook and told me to sell my car, I gave it away instead. The car they gave me had no real value.

Anyway, 5 months into the job I was told that they wouldn't be renewing my contract. I later found out that they wanted to hire a polish fella who used to work for them and he would cost them a lot less. I was given a months notice.

3 weeks into this month, the boss tells me that I will be finishing up the next day. He also said that he would only be giving me €900 instead of the €2300 that I was owed. I basically told him that is wrong and I would be keeping the car.
    He harassed me about the car, said he would go to the guards and contact that bank that he had given me a reference for about a mortgage that I was applying for.
    He never paid me for three weeks of that month that I worked, never gave me my holiday pay and refused to give me my P45.
    It cost me over €100 a week to get to work.

I've rang up the revenue and tax office and was passed around different departments until I was told that there is nothing that either can do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

Advertisement