Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box Query

Options
  • 07-07-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

Starting a thread as the original TV Box thread was closed (shame given the wealth of info in there).

Im seeking some assistance with my own Android TV Box.

Its a Sumvision Android X4 box. It wasn't used for a couple of months but previously had always worked perfectly for me. When I switched it on last w/e for some unknown reason im being asked to enter a pin instead of the usual home screen that appeared in the past.

The screen prompting me for a pin looks like my Nexus start up screen. No doubt Im being thick here but it has me rather confused. None of my pin numbers work. I've never linked the box with any other android device.

Had a long look online regarding a manual reset or a way to by pass the pin lock but cant find anything concrete. Id prefer not to wipe it if there was a way!

Cheers for any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Try 0000 or 1234?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Try 0000 or 1234?

Did that straight away....didn't work

Im going to have another go at it tonight. Hopefully I can sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Agree that it would be better to have a superthread on these boxes (with copyrighted material deleted of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

If 0000 didn't work the only thing to do with it is to reflash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Update on the OP...........I managed to reflash the device using a usb stick.

Everything worked fine but then the box started to restart by itself every 5 mins or so. I may try a 2nd reflash and see will that stop it restarting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Duffball92

I need Help with my tv box

I got an android MXV tv box which works grand with xbmc but i wanted to get showbox cause its a bit more user friendly and i updated my box because google was slow as S**T so i thought that would help. Now google searches in Chinese and i cannot change it back, i tried changing google settings language and the boxes language settings but it didnt work.

Can anyone help with this???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Duffball92

I got an android MXV tv box which works grand on xbmc but i wanted to get showbox and google was slow as S**T so i thought updating the box would help. Now google searches in Chinese and i cannot change it back, i tried changing google settings language and the boxes language settings but it didnt work.

Can anyone help with this??

Advertisement