Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get a Primary Teaching Job or Subbing in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

My son is not on the teaching panel and has about 145 days done in Gaelscoils in Cork. He does not have his dip done yet.

Am I correct in thinking that there is little chance in him getting a job by applying to PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHING vacancies advertised on educationposts.ie? Are most of these jobs going to be filled by teachers already subbing or in temporary positions in these schools?

He is thinking of moving to Dublin - what is the best way for him to approach getting a job or subbing? Would he be best to stay with Gaelscoils as he already have days built up with them and they have a separate national panel?

Thanks in advance for your much needed advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

epiphone wrote: »
    My son is not on the teaching panel and has about 145 days done in Gaelscoils in Cork. He does not have his dip done yet.

Am I correct in thinking that there is little chance in him getting a job by applying to PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHING vacancies advertised on educationposts.ie? Are most of these jobs going to be filled by teachers already subbing or in temporary positions in these schools?

He is thinking of moving to Dublin - what is the best way for him to approach getting a job or subbing? Would he be best to stay with Gaelscoils as he already have days built up with them and they have a separate national panel?

Thanks in advance for your much needed advice.

I'm not sure how it works at primary but I assume he should definitely be applying to any job that comes up. I know of several teachers in situ who have been ousted at interview. And in our school (secondary) this year the teacher in situ didn't even make the cut for interview the standard of application was above her CV

Advertisement