Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G with CCTV

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

hi

i have access to vodafone 4G broadband in my area (vodafone only)
    i was wondering is port forwarding and a static IP address possible with this?
    has anyone used 4G with CCTV?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I don't think you can over the mobile networks some people have gotten it working but I'm not even sure how. The problem is the mobile providers sit you behind a strict NAT which prevents stuff like port forwarding and full access to online gaming . The IP address they give usually is a private one and not public someone else may have more information on it but I'm not sure if it will work or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

You can do this buy not on any of standard tariffs. Contact Vodafone sales team and enquiry about 85 GB deal with static IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

trompele wrote: »
    Contact Vodafone sales team and enquiry about 85 GB deal with static IP.
    eh???? do tell more plz

Advertisement