Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Moyles on Radio X

Options
  • 06-07-2015 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

The rumours continue to get stronger every day with many believing he will take over Breakfast in September. Can the "saviour of BBC Radio 1" also be the saviour of Digital radio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The rumours continue to get stronger every day with many believing he will take over Breakfast in September. Can the "saviour of BBC Radio 1" also be the saviour of Digital radio?
    who is there now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 The Big Kahuna4

who is there now?

Jon Holmes. Ive never heard him but apparently he's very good. He's won quite a few Sony awards according to his Wikipedia page/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If he brings Carpark Catchphrase with him then I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

This would be fantastic if true! The break from radio will hopefully have rejuvenated him (last couple of years on Radio 1 were quite bad IMO) so I think there's a chance that it would be proper good radio. I'd love if someone from the old team were with him. Think only Dom would be available (the rest of them are still BBC employees, and obviously no chance of Dave joining unless him and Chris have gotten past their issues).

This seems to be all but confirmed now. Radio X is launching in a few weeks, and Chris just posted a video on youtube which shows he is going back to radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Radio x (awful name for a radio station btw) will be just another 0.1% station. Commercial radio in uk is such a depressing mess.

Moyles just confirmed this on social media. 6.30am on Monday September 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Moyles just confirmed this on social media. 6.30am on Monday September 21st.

Radio X Monday 21st September at 6:30. Is XFM changing its name?

bbability wrote: »
    Radio X Monday 21st September at 6:30. Is XFM changing its name?

Yes a full rebrand with Vernon Kaye also all but confirmed for Drive.

Dom is confirmed as being on the show too, great news. Would have been good to have Aled as well, but I believe he is quite high up in Radio 1 now so I guess it would have been a backwards step to move. No Dave, as expected.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the new show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dom is confirmed as being on the show too, great news. Would have been good to have Aled as well, but I believe he is quite high up in Radio 1 now so I guess it would have been a backwards step to move. No Dave, as expected.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the new show!

Ah nice that Dom is there and is aled still doing that show on Sunday nights( I think it was him anyway) called the surgery ? I've not listened to BBC radio 1 in ages.

Also did Chris and Dave have a falling out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Brilliant news
    Moyles on the breakfast slot - cannot wait badly missed his brand of humor
    Vernon Kaye on the mid morning slot - like his sat morning slot on BBC R1 and will be interesting to see what he does
    Johnny Vaughan on the drive time - Loved him years ago.. got lost a little but listened to a few stints on TalkSport and christ he is funny again but needs to let others get a word in on occasions...

all in all - looking forward to this as BBC R1 with grimmy on breakfast is pure tripe.
    Irish radio is beyond shocking - truly some of the worst DJ/presenters i have ever heard - A lot of UK stations are just as bad mind you.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah nice that Dom is there and is aled still doing that show on Sunday nights( I think it was him anyway) called the surgery ? I've not listened to BBC radio 1 in ages.

As far as i recall and very open to correction Dom and Chirs are friends.
    Chris and Dave had a big falling out - went on over a number of months before the showed closed on R1 - if you believe the red tops check this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2233393/Chris-Moyles-pictured-holiday-Comedy-Daves-ex-wife-months-announce-divorce.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Yes, Chris and Dave aren't friends anymore so that wasn't an option. Aled doesn't present The Surgery anymore as he was promoted to being an Editor at Radio 1 so he was never going to leave such a senior position for Radio X. Pippa Taylor, who was one of the producers on the R1 show, is also part of the new team. Really glad Dom is on board as well.

Really looking forward to it. Whether it can repcapture some of the magic from the Radio 1 days will be interesting to hear. Even still, it will be better than most breakfast shows out there. Apart from the ads and management probably forcing them to play more music than they did on Radio 1, I hope they're given the creative control and autonomy to make the show in the way they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

BrookieD wrote: »
    Brilliant news
    Moyles on the breakfast slot - cannot wait badly missed his brand of humor
    Vernon Kaye on the mid morning slot - like his sat morning slot on BBC R1 and will be interesting to see what he does
    Johnny Vaughan on the drive time - Loved him years ago.. got lost a little but listened to a few stints on TalkSport and christ he is funny again but needs to let others get a word in on occasions...

all in all - looking forward to this as BBC R1 with grimmy on breakfast is pure tripe.
    Irish radio is beyond shocking - truly some of the worst DJ/presenters i have ever heard - A lot of UK stations are just as bad mind you.

Certainly some big big hitters there, think Kiss are top in breakfast at the mo, interesting to see what demographic they attract.

As Chris is on boards its a fair chance management know what his style is like so i think either he will revert to type (win over old listeners fron the R1 days) - or have a brand new style and approach ( which could backfire) - also glad Dom is back - wasted on CapitolFM - just turned into a 30sec news muppet

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Aled is Editor of Radio 1. Don't think he presents the Surgery anymore. I haven't listened to Radio 1 in ages either, other than a snippet of Scott Mills' show here and there.

Yeah, they did unfortunately. Apparently they fell out towards the end of the old breakfast show run because of Chris spending time with Dave's ex wife. Obviously the reason behind it is just a rumour, but the bit about them falling out was confirmed IIRC.

He hasn't really changed much, same old Moyles, even has Dominic Byrne reading news.

Them ads though.

He hasn't really changed much, same old Moyles, even has Dominic Byrne reading news.

Them ads though.

Was great to hear him back, thought it went well and with Dom and Pippa it was very much like the R1 days, Thought the start was very funny with the old BBC R1 breakfast show jingle starting to play out and then mix into the new style. will be tuning in from now on.. bye bye Alan Brazil on TalkSport

I missed it unfortunately. Has it been uploaded in full anywhere yet? There's nothing on Youtube yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Was wondering the exact same and if there will be a listen back service.

Im reading that Radio X's streaming servers have crashed a few times today due to the unprecedented amount of people tuning in.

Im reading that Radio X's streaming servers have crashed a few times today due to the unprecedented amount of people tuning in.
    I was getting buffering on TuneIn and the Radio X app all morning, in an area where 4G is guaranteed (I work for a mobile provider, in head office).

I missed it unfortunately. Has it been uploaded in full anywhere yet? There's nothing on Youtube yet.

I imagine there's a full version (and possibly edited version too) up on chrismoyles.net at this stage.

Still no playback options?

Still no playback options?
    Chris was talking about this just after 6:30 and its there but buried - will see if i can find one

Edit
    Just found it on the App - If you go into the Schedule option and choose yesterday you can choose to "Listen Again" - and trying now it works quite well

Also option on the website here>>>>> http://www.radiox.co.uk/radio/chris-moyles/

is that iOS App? there is no "Yesterday" on the Android App.

Much better streaming this morning, uninterrupted coverage for the whole length of the M50, which I usually get with BBC 6 on TuneIn

is that iOS App? there is no "Yesterday" on the Android App.

Much better streaming this morning, uninterrupted coverage for the whole length of the M50, which I usually get with BBC 6 on TuneIn

Yeah - I am on the iOS app - no idea of Android. Defo better stream this morning but can still do with more allowance as it crashed on me between 8:30 and 10am a few times

The first show is now thankfully on Youtube and Chris and the team are posting highlights to their Facebook page daily. It is sounding great, he has really come out of the gates strong.

• Advertisement

Yeah, heard a few of the shows so far and I think he is sounding great. A little bit more toned down than his persona on the Radio 1 show, but I guess that's more to do with him getting older than anything else. Dom, Madam Dave and Pippa are all good too.

Advertisement