Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about a concert ticket?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I purchased a ticket for a concert next week from a friend as she can no longer attend. Her name is on the ticket printoff as it was booked through ticketmaster on her credit card. Will there be any issue with me presenting this ticket as my ID won't match the name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Usually not. What gig is it? The only one I ever had an issue with was Chillies - I showed them my ID and my friend went in- I wasn't going

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Shouldnt be an issue. I sold my sisters ticket to my friend and there was no issue. (female name on the ticket and a male going in with it btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

efb wrote: »
    Usually not. What gig is it? The only one I ever had an issue with was Chillies - I showed them my ID and my friend went in- I wasn't going

It's Noel Gallagher at the Marquee Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

This really should not be an issue. Obviously Glasto in the past have strictly tied tickets to purchasers' names, but you can always tell them that it was bought along with several others, and you are meeting the purchaser inside or some such. The name on the ticket in 99% of instances should have absolutely no bearing on it though, as there could be 4-6 or more tickets with that same name on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Can't imagine there being an issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement