Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 06-07-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently left a job and left on bad terms as wasn't getting hours and was not fair ..but didn't give notice just texted and didn't go back ..if I go into the tax office would they be able to give me my p45?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

If your starting a new job call the tax office and ask them for the details your new employer needs like tax credits ect and that should be fine as that is what they need

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shan96

Yea I definitely know that..but signing on social welfare as it only happened 3 days ago so?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Go and ask Welfare what they want.

It's likely you'll be on a stand-down for 9 weeks, so the sooner you see them the better.

Yea I was down thee today and he have me a list have the appointment for Friday..she mentioned don't worry if you haven't for your p45 yet as your obviously not going to have it that soon? A lockdown why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Shan96 wrote: »
    Yea I was down thee today and he have me a list have the appointment for Friday..she mentioned don't worry if you haven't for your p45 yet as your obviously not going to have it that soon? A lockdown why?

If you leave a job voluntarily, you forfeit your dole for nine weeks.

They take extenuating circumstances into account, but only extreme ones.

• Advertisement

But if I go into the tax office and get a p45 they won't know will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

Only your Employer can issue a P45 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Only employers can issue you a P45. It is usually done online by the employer on the Revenue website and that is how the tax office gets a copy.
    You will have to ask employer for a copy.

It's nothing to do with the P45.

Welfare will be looking for a letter or something from the employer saying why you were let go.

Obviously if you chose to leave, you will have no such letter.

As someone said, if there were extenuating circumstances they can make exceptions. Eg if they were giving you not enough hours to live on but spreading them over four days meaning you could not get any dole, then that might count. Make sure you have whatever evidence you need to prove this.

It's nothing to do with the P45.

Welfare will be looking for a letter or something from the employer saying why you were let go.

Obviously if you chose to leave, you will have no such letter.

As someone said, if there were extenuating circumstances they can make exceptions. Eg if they were giving you not enough hours to live on but spreading them over four days meaning you could not get any dole, then that might count. Make sure you have whatever evidence you need to prove this.

P45 OR a letter is required

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx

Number 15

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    P45 OR a letter is required

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx

Number 15

That's just for proof of identity.

They will also be looking for proof of why you have now become entitled to the benefit. I know this isn't mentioned - but they will look for it.

That's just for proof of identity.

They will also be looking for proof of why you have now become entitled to the benefit. I know this isn't mentioned - but they will look for it.

Not according to their site
    [B]15. What documents do I need when making a claim?[/B]

P.45 or a letter from your employer
     Proof of address
     Proof of Identity
     Public Services Card (PSC) if issued or photographic identification i.e. valid passport or valid driver's license
     OR
     Photographic identification: Current Valid Passport. Alternatively,  Current Valid National Identity Card is acceptable for EEA Nationals OR
     Current Valid Driver's Licence or Current Learners Permit

Proof of Identity is a separate requirement,

They may very well ask for a letter as well as a P45 but I am trying to point out that your assumption of it having nothing to do with a P45 is incorrect,

For what its worth I was not asked for a Letter but I did have my P45,
    if I had been entitled to redundancy then they said they would require a letter stating the amount of redundancy due to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Forms for the dole specifically ask why you left your job.

Advertisement