Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Wifi - does it work on Android?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭

I cant seem to get Wifi working on Dublin bus. In the past they didn't make you fill in a survey page and it just worked, but now i have fill in the page but nothing at all happens when I click the button. Has anyone else noticed this and suggest a workaround?
    I'm running Android 5.1 and using the standard Chrome browser.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I never have any issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ah it works alright. It can be hit and miss sometimes though. In about 2 in 10 of my journeys I find myself switching back to mobile data, either because the wifi is dysfunctional and/or exceptionally slow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Is it happening on different buses? You might be getting the same allocated bus each time. Each bus has its own Wifi connection...and some of them don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Happened on two different buses the other day (first time i'd been on the bus n a while) mind you both were the same number going and coming back. Might be just bad luck i suppose.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

If you're using autofill for your email address, make sure there isn't a space after your email address. Took me weeks to figure out why I couldn't get past the survey page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 redmicky

it works fine when people are looking at websites, it gets slow when you have several people streaming youtube. They should go back to blocking youtube and spotify it would improve the service for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ikuwin

Hi there. I'm also unable to connect to Dublin bus wifi. Like Supercell, I fill in their form and it says I'll get my password shortly and nothing happens, ever. I've given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ikuwin wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm also unable to connect to Dublin bus wifi. Like Supercell, I fill in their form and it says I'll get my password shortly and nothing happens, ever. I've given up.

Dublin bus don't do passwords?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ikuwin

Pardon me, I said the wrong thing. Perhaps it was a link they said. But since nothing ever happened I never got anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Go into Settings and tap on 'Wi-Fi' to see a list of available networks. Select 'Dublin Bus Wi-Fi' and then click on 'Forget', that will wipe the existing settings for DB and you should be able to connect when you try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

sorry for bumping old thread...

I've a new Galaxy S6 and simply cant sign in to DublinBus WiFi
    I can connect alight but when I try to sign in with survey data it just repeatedly asks for me to sign in..

I will try the 'space after email address' on next journey but any other tips that might resolve issue?

Zipppy wrote: »
    sorry for bumping old thread...

I've a new Galaxy S6 and simply cant sign in to DublinBus WiFi
    I can connect alight but when I try to sign in with survey data it just repeatedly asks for me to sign in..

I will try the 'space after email address' on next journey but any other tips that might resolve issue?

I'd nearly guarantee that's your issue. Failing that, send them a tweet @dublinbusnews or contact them through their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Avada wrote: »
    I'd nearly guarantee that's your issue. Failing that, send them a tweet @dublinbusnews or contact them through their website.

Spot on...

Changed email this morning and she worked...

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stephen.kitt

I'm the same even if I forget the WiFi and reconnecet it says I'm connected but I haven't gone through any sign in and can't go on Google or any thing. I'm using a One+ 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'm the same even if I forget the WiFi and reconnecet it says I'm connected but I haven't gone through any sign in and can't go on Google or any thing. I'm using a One+ 2

I can never connect with my S6 either

Had no problem with S4 or iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I don't understand, do you have to login using your email address?

So the way I was doing it on my oneplus one, I connect on WiFi to dublinbus wifi. Even though it says I'm connected to Dublin Bus wifi, I cannot access the WiFi at that stage.

a notification appears in the notifcation tray asking me to sign into Dublin Bus. I click on the notification and it brings me to a webpage with a blue button saying connect to WiFi. I click that button and then it's working for me.

thomasj wrote: »
    So the way I was doing it on my oneplus one, I connect on WiFi to dublinbus wifi. Even though it says I'm connected to Dublin Bus wifi, I cannot access the WiFi at that stage.

a notification appears in the notifcation tray asking me to sign into Dublin Bus. I click on the notification and it brings me to a webpage with a blue button saying connect to WiFi. I click that button and then it's working for me.

When you first log in on a new phone you need an email, I don't get an notification when I connect it just stays as connected and nothing else

When you first log in on a new phone you need an email, I don't get an notification when I connect it just stays as connected and nothing else

So after you connect to Dublin Bus wifi, nothing appears in the status bar and the notification screen drop down?

Strange alright.

So after you connect to Dublin Bus wifi, nothing appears in the status bar and the notification screen drop down?

Strange alright.

Thats exactly that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Whatever about android, I was intensely annoyed the other day when I tried to connect (via iPad mini) while on the 145 bus.

I was asked to fill out a questionnaire giving personal details, including mandatory fields for age and why I was travelling, before I could connect. I declined to complete the form and remained incommunicado.

Why in God's name should pasengers be required to give this info as a condition for going on wifi? What price a connection with no ifs, ands or buts?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's valuable information for the bus provider to be fair, you can see why they'd do it.

That does not make it right. The vast majority of free-wifi providers do not demand those details. It is intrusive, annoying and unnecessary.

That does not make it right. The vast majority of free-wifi providers do not demand those details. It is intrusive, annoying and unnecessary.

It's a survey! Just give them fake info, you can be a 90 year old student who takes the bus 20 times a week if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Whatever about android, I was intensely annoyed the other day when I tried to connect (via iPad mini) while on the 145 bus.

I was asked to fill out a questionnaire giving personal details, including mandatory fields for age and why I was travelling, before I could connect. I declined to complete the form and remained incommunicado.

Why in God's name should pasengers be required to give this info as a condition for going on wifi? What price a connection with no ifs, ands or buts?

You could just lie, and give any email, I don't remember having to verify mine.

OK, I'm going to try the lies thing. Thanks.

Strange alright.

I get as far as a "Connect to Wifi Button" after which nothing happens but just the same screen up again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Riskymove wrote: »
    I get as far as a "Connect to Wifi Button" after which nothing happens but just the same screen up again and again

Try logging in with a different Email, I had this problem after getting a new phone, I changed the log in to a different email and it has worked ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RenegadeIRL

Avada wrote: »
    If you're using autofill for your email address, make sure there isn't a space after your email address. Took me weeks to figure out why I couldn't get past the survey page.

I refilled the email address field with a new address and that fixed it for me.

• Advertisement

Bistoman wrote: »
    Try logging in with a different Email, I had this problem after getting a new phone, I changed the log in to a different email and it has worked ever since.

this worked although I had to try more than one email!

thanks

Advertisement