Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i keep my daughter in creche while im on maternity leave?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Looking for feedback on what worked best for those of you who have been here before. Im currently pregnant, due the end of dec (fingers crossed). My daughter will be 17 months when the baby is born. She currently is in creche beside where i work. She totally loves it and im very happy with it. The creche is actually a 35 minute car journey from where we live but i couldnt find anywhere i was happy with closer to home and i liked the idea of having her close to me at work. Anyway i want to make the transition into becoming a big sister as easy as possible for her but i also know what a handful a newborn is and ill hopefully be breast feeding again which is also very time consuming in the beginning. Like any other creche it is very expensive and money will be really tight. I dont know whether to take her out or put her in creche for 1 or 2 days a week. Anyone any experience of this? (These are the things that keep me awake at night :))

Advertisement