Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cates Cafe Balbriggan Closed

Options
  • 05-07-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭

Was just coming back from Tesco and had planned on stopping in here to get the Eggs Benedict but there's a note on the door saying they have now closed their doors. Granted it was never a great cafe but I always liked to pop in for the Eggs Benedict or the Mexican Burger.
    While it was never great, there were a few nice dishes you could choose from and it was fine to while away an hour or so on a Saturday. Around the north of the town we're left with O'Briens in the shopping centre which really isn't a great spot. Within the town itself main street cafe is there but again that's not a great spot. Is the Italian cafe open still?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Was just coming back from Tesco and had planned on stopping in here to get the Eggs Benedict but there's a note on the door saying they have now closed their doors. Granted it was never a great cafe but I always liked to pop in for the Eggs Benedict or the Mexican Burger.
    While it was never great, there were a few nice dishes you could choose from and it was fine to while away an hour or so on a Saturday. Around the north of the town we're left with O'Briens in the shopping centre which really isn't a great spot. Within the town itself main street cafe is there but again that's not a great spot. Is the Italian cafe open still?

The Brick Room beside the Train Station is nice but they have unforgivably replaced the English muffins in their Eggs Benedict with brown bread :(
    Good coffee and a nice selection for breakfast and lunch.

Molly's on the corner of Quay Street is nice too and Remos is open again but I've never been. Bracken Court do a nice coffee and cakes are top notch. The Coffee Pot has gone a bit downhill, it used to do a savage full Irish.
    There is plenty of places around the town.

Advertisement