Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Must have smart phone apps

Options
  • 05-07-2015 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Can you share in this thread the must haves when it comes to smart phones?

The official Nissan app seems to get awful reviews on the Play Store. Is there a better one out there or is it the back end service that leaves it down.

The Send To Car app linked elsewhere seems to have vanished.

Is the pro version of Leaf Spy worth it over the standard?

Comments

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro&hl=en

The above link will state the differences between the different versions of leafspy.

I just checked and indeed, send to car is gone form the Play Store !

The last couple of times I used it the location was off by several Kms. I don't use the Leaf Nav at all because once you use google maps anything else is a pain in the ass.

I don't like getting into the car and having to play with a sat nav for 10 mins to find somewhere. It's not bad, don't get me wrong it's as good as the best Tom Tom.

What I love about google is you just say "ok Google" and the destination and Bob's your Uncle ! Hope Leaf II has android.

Carwings works intermittently and can be a real pin in the ass, and I can't see a change until maybe it becomes a subscription service.

With carwings, you log in, press update and 5 mins check again. Remote activation of heat and ac is also hit and miss. I find it works better from the main website and not the carwings app.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Leaf apps available are

for checking battery status from your phone or PC etc,
    Carwings App (offical app)
    Leaf manager App (unofficial, can be more reliable)

Nissan LEAF Range estimator App
    you put in your start and finish and your speed, and it calculates if you can make it

For OBD, (OBD device required Available for apple and android)
    Leaf Spy App

ESB Ecars has a new improved app for finding charge stations

Chargebump App
    register and you can send messages to other EVs by entering the reg of the car(they must be on charge bump too.
    Handy if you need to use a spot that someone is using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Chargebump is a new one on me. Must install, could be handy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

You can get loads of info on Chargebump on the UK SpeakEV forum - they wrote the app.

The more people use it, the more useful it is :)

Advertisement