Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G Dongle Help

Options
  • 04-07-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I purchased a unlocked dongle on ebay but when i tried it it was locked seller says it is unlocked only needs pin who is right!!! I ALSO tried it with a working 3sim same out come. Sellers reply was "I've tested it before selling. Your stick is unlocked. As i can see at your attached pic, your O2 sim works in 3G without problems. Modem ask you about sim card pin. That's why only 3 attempts."

locked%20dongle.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

You've tried both SIMs in a phone and they don't require you to enter a PIN to use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Its a dongle thats supposed to be unlocked its a network pin its asking for to unlock dongle.It wont connect to network.

So what's your question exactly ? Whether or not the modem is unlocked ?
    Is there any details or a log in the "Information" section ?

Your screenshot shows the signal strength and the type of network (O2, 3G)
    The seller is taking this as confirmation that your SIM has connected to the network.

Are you sure the APN is set correctly for the network ?

From the screenshot OP's modem looks like a ZTE MF823

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

homingbird wrote: »
    Its a dongle thats supposed to be unlocked its a network pin its asking for to unlock dongle.It wont connect to network.

I haven't bought a sim in literally 10 years, but a PIN comes on a sheet of paper with the sim card, this is for locking your phone when not in use and such.

An unlock code is for unlocking your phone.

They're not the same thing, as I said in your other thread.
    Have a closer look in your papers that came with the sim card and look for a 4 digit number.

edit-
    I googled it to make sure:
    http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/75440/network-unlock-code-vs-sim-unlock-pin

I HAVE JUST FFOUND OUT THE APN IS LOCKED & cant be changed.
    usb%20modem%201.jpg

• Advertisement

What's the model number and make of it?

Maybe there's a guide or tool to change the APN online somewhere.

Longb gussed it right ZTE MF823 i checked online & some models a locked to network this way . I have only till the 10th to argue my case for a refund from ebay & you know what their like slow in getting your money back.

homingbird wrote: »
    Longb gussed it right ZTE MF823 i checked online & some models a locked to network this way . I have only till the 10th to argue my case for a refund from ebay & you know what their like slow in getting your money back.

Perhaps you could flash new generic firmware onto it ?
    Having said that if I was you I'd probably be sending it back sooner rather than later.

Unless you like fiddling around with flashing stuff, I'd send it back.

I intend to send it back but you know ebay you have to do what your told to get a refund & that means waiting for the 10th june to ask for a refund if seller cant sort it.

• Advertisement

I just got it going after playing around with it the setting i needed were hidden when i found them i got it going.

Advertisement