Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iftar question

Options
  • 04-07-2015 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

what would be a good thing to bring to iftar. My wife's friend has invited to iftar at their house on Sunday and I'm never one to arrive empty handed. She said to only bring our appetites but is there anything else we should bring? She is Pakastani-american and her husband is qatari-american

This is my first one, and they said that there will be a few other non-muslims there, but to expect that just after breaking fast they will pray, but not to worry as the there is a terrace that we can wait on, so as not to be uncomfortable.

What else can be expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would say dessert.

Or chocolates, watching out to ensure that there are no liqueurs/alcohol in them. Luxury dates are always a hit, though not so sure how easy they would be to get in your neck of the woods.

And don't sweat it about them praying, try not to feel uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I would say dessert.

Or chocolates, watching out to ensure that there are no liqueurs/alcohol in them. Luxury dates are always a hit, though not so sure how easy they would be to get in your neck of the woods.

And don't sweat it about them praying, try not to feel uncomfortable.

So no wine and pork rinds? (JOKE!)

Oh i won't sweat it, i don't feel awkward when other religions pray and I don't partake - i think she said it just so we know what would happen

Maybe chocolates are the safest option

Advertisement