Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Jobs Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 abqs

I think after going through all that process, you should be told why you didn’t make it. It would be some consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jumpinjohnny85

Was that for driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Designator

Anyone do their interview on or after the 6th of this month hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pat Mustard23

Did mine the 6th haven’t heard anything yet

I was the 5th, nothing yet.

• Advertisement

Yes for driver bud

Sorry to hear man, and bad form not to get at least a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrowBoard

It's rare to get any real feedback from HR in any company now in case it leads to legal challenges. They can't really say that someone on the panel didn't think you'd suit the role for x, y and z reasons. That's probably the same reason why you don't get a phonecall about it.

From my experience of interviews (not IR) if you request feedback, it's often just a transcript of the questions asked & your replies. No notes as to where you could have improved your answers or anything like that.

Yeah same day as you heard nothing yet so presumably if we are unsuccessful we'll hear next week

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

A week after my line manager interview got my "thanks but no thanks" email.....

• Advertisement

a previous poster said that after the line manager interview, she knew people who got a phone call to say they were unsuccessful. Can anyone confirm if they do this for some people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gazzac

Lost out at phase 2 and it’s gut wrenching

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrowBoard

That post was about train host recruitment, not driver.

Oops. I think I was mistaken about it being about train hosts...

Post edited by BarrowBoard on

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aisling79

Think that was me who posted about that, yeah the people were in for driver role, not host. Hope that clears it up

Thanks Aisling. Were they internal or external candidates if you don’t mind me asking ?

External

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Thursday the 14th of September

Has anyone actually been offered a position here? Or told they are on a panel?

• Advertisement

Ok so seems there has been people interviewed after the 6th of this month so that have gotten unsuccessful emails . I suppose no news is good news as they always say about this so I’ll wait in hope

I was told if I'm successful I'll possibly be told next month but that doesn't mean I'll get into a class until next year. If I was successful at this stage I'd be happy enough to wait just to know would be nice. Hard luck to anyone who got unsuccessful emails it's a tough blow I know all about it but try again if it comes up

I’m the same now, I’d rather just be told okay you made the cut but it’s going to be next year before we can start you in a class. It’s all the uncertainty is a head wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

I’ve been lurking around this thread a while now giving the odd bit of info if can add something relevant. I’d be curious to know what areas are most of ye applying for. The uncertainty must be head wrecking and I think Irish Rail HR are very poor in this regard. Plenty of driving jobs coming up over the next number of years so be patient.

Not to be negative but have ye all considered the realities of the train driving job cos I know of a number of people who came in and moan constantly about the unsocial hours and weekend/bank holiday work.

I'm in for Galway or Dublin or anywhere in between to be honest the two. Yeah I have thought about it to be fair. Unsociable hours wouldn't bother me I would rather a career I liked doing rather than having my bank holiday weekends and holidays etc and understand the dangers and high responsibility the job undertakes. it's a job I wouldn't have applied for if I didn't want to I understand you have to be in it for the right reasons.

What is the job Like week to week do you like it yourself or what do you make of the whole lot

Ive applied for Dublin, have no issue with the hours as i think most of us are aware of the shifts before applying? Are you a driver yourself or working for IR?

Job is grand for me but depends on the depot(as seniority can dictate roster) Galway not a bad depot I’m told. Lots of responsibility obviously. 99% of the time things are run of the mill but then the 1% is where you earn your wage. My advice is take wherever your offered if your not fussy.

Yea driving over 25 years now. Times flown by. Grand job so it is if you look after it. Some fellas you’ll come across you’d swear they were being asked to mix 10 ton of concrete by hand each day ,that annoys me. The company annoys me too at times but that’s another days story. Driving has put a nice roof over my head and educated and fed my family. As I said look after the job and it will pay handsomely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well I had my Line Manager interview mid-June for the Driver campaign. I had a medical just after, but I had to submit medical certs upon the request of the doctor. I got those in a few weeks afterwards, but I've still not heard anything at all. I posted this last month, someone else who was working in Irish Rail posted saying no news is good news.... But I've been waiting for nearly 3 months waiting for an update.

I did try reaching out to one of the HR people two weeks ago to check my medical documents were fine, they said they would review and get back to me when he could, but nothing else yet. So I assume I'm still in the running if I haven't heard any negative feedback yet.

Advertisement