Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality birch ply source

Options
  • 04-07-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I am in need of 5mm, 8mm and 12mm hardwood ply . With 10 plys. For wooden clock gears. I can get regular wbp or marine but they may have gaps in the plys.

Aviation grade would be the best I think. But cant source it here in Dublin.

Does anyone know of such a place.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 the-macho-man

I am in need of 5mm, 8mm and 12mm hardwood ply . With 10 plys. For wooden clock gears. I can get regular wbp or marine but they may have gaps in the plys.

Aviation grade would be the best I think. But cant source it here in Dublin.

Does anyone know of such a place.

Thanks.

Have you tried woodworkers.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I ended up getting at The Carpentry Store.

Love that shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

After looking and looking the best quality ply I can find is from here http://balsabar-shop.de/index.php

Getting some sent . Pricy but willing to pay the premium for the current project.

Baltic birch aviation grade.

5mm thick has 10 ply layers making it very attractive as well as stable ...

Advertisement