Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames in Iveagh Gardens Sat 4 July

Options
  • 04-07-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea of stage times for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

From the Frames Twitter account:

Not long to go now... Doors open @ 6PM. @BookaBrassBand expected on stage around 7PM. @TheFrames just after 8PM. #TheFrames25 #IveaghGardens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

johnnykilo wrote: »
    From the Frames Twitter account:

Not long to go now... Doors open @ 6PM. @BookaBrassBand expected on stage around 7PM. @TheFrames just after 8PM. #TheFrames25 #IveaghGardens

Thanks johnnykilo, not on twitter so you've been a great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The amount of arseholes at this was off the charts. Haven't missed a Frames gig in years and never seen so many groups of people all nattering away to themselves in groups, taking selfies, as I did tonight. We had to move around a dozen times throughout the crowd. Saw many people telling others to stfu also. Somewhat understandable at festivals as the people you see talking are generally waiting for the next band.. but why in the name of God do these people fork out cash to see a band and then do this.

Anyway..

I enjoyed it otherwise. Great to see some of the old members back for a couple of tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

The amount of arseholes at this was off the charts. Haven't missed a Frames gig in years and never seen so many groups of people all nattering away to themselves in groups, taking selfies, as I did tonight. We had to move around a dozen times throughout the crowd. Saw many people telling others to stfu also. Somewhat understandable at festivals as the people you see talking are generally waiting for the next band.. but why in the name of God do these people fork out cash to see a band and then do this.

Anyway..

I enjoyed it otherwise. Great to see some of the old members back for a couple of tunes.
    I had the same issue at Avicii, granted it's gonna be a different demographic but It's interesting to see this trend at other events which most likely had an older age group. I'm all okay with them doing this sort of stuff during the downtime between sets but why must they force a big circle in the middle of the pit during the main ****ing act to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyway..

I'm gonna be seeing them in the Marquee but have noticed a reeeeeal trend of this lately. People have more money to spend so they're going to everything they have half an interest in, get bored and sing along reeeeeeeally loudly to the two songs they know and tell their friends it was "THE BEST NIGHT EVEEEEEERRR!" eventhough they spent the entire gig talking and taking snapchats.

I always feel like a real old man when I say it, but it bugs me! I went to Beck in the Marquee and, while the crowd up the front was loving it, from the middle back was just people talking over eachother. The dull roar was drowning him out during some of the lower tempo songs.

I don't mind people having a chat and that but it's surely not too much to ask them not to actually disrupt the experience for other people?

EDIT: That was one hell of a setlist they did! 29 songs! Would love the same next week.

Did anyone catch Booka Brass Band? How were they? Reeeally enjoy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Can anyone tell me what time this gig finished? Driving in and leaving car at relatives so wondering about the buses? It being a Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time this gig finished? Driving in and leaving car at relatives so wondering about the buses? It being a Sunday night.

About 10.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

formernyer wrote: »
    About 10.45.

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

Great gig but a serious amount of chatters once you got beyond the front few rows.

That type of venue and also obviously a Saturday night will attract large groups who are on a night out rather than there to listen to the music.

Elbows out and barge to the front is yer only man!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Ya know when you're standin in the crowd and some dude comes bargin past with three or four pints? Just pinch his nose or tweak his ears, was great craic to annoy them back!

Was great to see the original lineup play the dancer etc, first time i saw that live.

And there have been 'talkers' at frames gigs since day dot, we used to go to all the whelans gigs years ago, its always middle aged women 'catching up', do your head in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo it seems to be the rage these days to have double threads on same topics.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement