Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange situation in new job

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I started a job recently, the manager seems lovely in the interview, but once I actually started she had zero patience. I was expected to know things without ever being told about them, my exact role, duties, and even basic rules for employees were never explained to me unless I made a mistake and then I was pulled aside and berated for it. Most things I had to figure out by just listening to other people and asking questions whenever it was 'safe' to i.e. whenever the manager wasn't around.

It was a tough start but I'd finally figured out what was expected of me and was getting to grips with the job and settling in. Then the manager told me a few days ago I might not have a job anymore. Might.
    I'm in limbo at the moment waiting on a decision. Its a very weird situation because I'm still rostered to work even after my supposed firing date, would someone really fire a person and then expect them to work away for a while like nothing had happened? Why not just fire me on the spot them? Or is this some sort of messed up mind game, to make me think my job is in danger so I'll work harder?

I don't know what to do. I've never heard of anything like this happening before, I don't even know what to think about this situation never mind how to deal with it.

Advertisement