Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Hearth Query

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating the house and we'll need a new hearth and surround for the open fire, I'm installing a Doras fire door on the fireplace but my query is has anyone experience of using glass for the hearth and could it be used as a surround also instead of granite etc?

All advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

ryanjcdub wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating the house and we'll need a new hearth and surround for the open fire, I'm installing a Doras fire door on the fireplace but my query is has anyone experience of using glass for the hearth and could it be used as a surround also instead of granite etc?

All advice appreciated!

Not with a Doras door or any normal stove.the glass will crack
    There are stoves that can be put on a glass hearth but I can't think of them off hand but someone here will probly think of them

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ryanjcdub

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Not with a Doras door or any normal stove.the glass will crack
    There are stoves that can be put on a glass hearth but I can't think of them off hand but someone here will probly think of them

Thanks for that, I had just seen pictures online and thought it looked good! Will have to go for the normal slate / granite so!

Advertisement