Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Taylor story in papers today

Options
  • 03-07-2015 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3148245/Two-daughters-10m-darts-champion-Phil-Power-Taylor-living-BENEFITS-cut-life-following-divorce-mother.html
    Two of £10million darts player Phil 'The Power' Taylor's daughters are living on benefits after he cut them out of his life following his divorce from their mother.
    Kelly and Natalie Taylor said they felt 'neglected' by their 16-time world champion father, who they claim has been 'jetting around' with celebrities instead of helping them out.
    The sisters say they have been forced to claim state handouts, even though their father financially supports their older siblings Christopher, 30, and Lisa, 32.

Unemployed Kelly, told The Sun that she lives in a hostel 'filled with drug addicts and prostitutes' in Stoke-on-Trent.
    The 26-year-old, who self-harms and has depression, said: 'We have tried again and again to get through to him — we have to go through his PA — but he refuses to give us his number.'

Natalie, 22, lives in a council house and is pregnant with her fourth child.
    She said their father was a 'good dad' when they were young, with pictures showing both sisters hugging Taylor as he won the World Championship in 2005 and 2006.

But they claim their relationship with their father was damaged after Taylor was found guilty of indecently assaulting two women in 2001.
    Natalie said her poor school results also caused them to fall further apart, with the final straw coming at their grandmother's funeral in January when Taylor did not talk to her.
    Speaking of her other siblings, Natalie said: 'He's given them houses and a car. They jet round the world with him and have a great life. He's great with my sister's kids.'
    Kelly added: 'Dad has a life of luxury, jetting around and hanging out with Robbie Williams, while I am struggling. It's like he's ashamed of us. We just feel so neglected.'
    She said their mother, Yvonne, had tried to help out but was struggling enough herself following the divorce in 2011.
    A spokesman for Taylor told The Sun that he is aware his daughters are on benefits but declined to say why he was not supporting them.

BOOHOO!! :mad: At 22 & 26 you ain't children, accept responsibility for your own life and go out and get a job instead of moaning about daddy not paying you to be wasters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I agree D, that adult kids shouldn't expected to be maintained by their parents but I'd have more respect for him if he treated all his kids the same. Supporting two of them and not the other two seems odd (maybe there's something else at play)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

"Natalie, 22, lives in a council house and is pregnant with her fourth child"

She seems to be doing alright for herself. A lot of teenage mums here in Cork would look up to her as a role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Taylor is a pompous pr**k, no more and no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I agree D, that adult kids shouldn't expected to be maintained by their parents but I'd have more respect for him if he treated all his kids the same. Supporting two of them and not the other two seems odd (maybe there's something else at play)

TbL

Families are f**ked up and only you can understand how f**ked up your own family is :D I know mine is but trying to explain it to anyone doesn't seem it make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Sorry lads, this has nothing to do with darts so I'm closing the thread.

For the next gripping instalment you'll need to subscribe to The Sun, Daily Mail and/or future episodes of Jeremy Kyle .... and good luck with all that :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement