Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging VAT on rental property

Options
  • 03-07-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,509 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. Doing some research for a hypothetical situation hoping some of you may be able to help me out.
    Client owns a building and charges some tenants VAT on their rent and others he charges no VAT on.

My question....what are the (dis)advantages of choosing to charge VAT or not?

I know if you choose to charge VAT, then other chargeable activities of the landlord are also subject to VAT. What might these activities be, and related VAT costs?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

No VAT on property questions please due to the potential moneies involved and consequences of inaccurate advice. Even hypothetical ones. You should always seek professional advice when it comes to tax on property issues.

dbran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement