Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with Medication in cabin luggage query

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm flying to London next week. At the moment I'm taking vitamins and supplements and would like to keep up my daily routine while away. As I'll only have cabin luggage I'm wondering if I'll have issues with my tablets at check? I don't want to have the tablets seized if I bring a full container as the replcement cost is high so not a good outcome. Similarly though, I could pop a few days supply of the tablets into a clear bag but wonder if that'd be more suspect looking! What is the best thing to do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife travels with medication in her hand luggage without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

It's not up to Ryanair, it's up to airport security as the ones who check your bag. Medication/suppliments are never an issue, keep them in the original containers to avoid questions. A baggie of tablets will look more sinister!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As Eponymous says, this is an airport security thing, not a Ryanair thing (a common misconception on the travel forum). I always bring tablet medication on my trips and it's never an issue. Just keep it in the original packets to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread title changed :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Eponymous wrote: »
    It's not up to Ryanair, it's up to airport security as the ones who check your bag. Medication/suppliments are never an issue, keep them in the original containers to avoid questions. A baggie of tablets will look more sinister!

Ditto to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I just did exactly that yesterday flying to France, no issues at all bringing them in my on-board cabin luggage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

squonk wrote: »
    Hi, I'm flying to London next week. At the moment I'm taking vitamins and supplements and would like to keep up my daily routine while away. As I'll only have cabin luggage I'm wondering if I'll have issues with my tablets at check? I don't want to have the tablets seized if I bring a full container as the replcement cost is high so not a good outcome. Similarly though, I could pop a few days supply of the tablets into a clear bag but wonder if that'd be more suspect looking! What is the best thing to do here?
    There shouldn't be a problem, as long as you're not dealing with liquids. I always keep my medication in my carry on bag, as I am afraid of a bag getting lost in transit.

Advertisement